2Taylor Food - 2 TAYLOR food thermometers don't last and one is a safety hazard.

Trenton, New Jersey 2 comments

I have had 3 bad products from Taylor in the last 12 months - Now I know better.I bought a remote sensing oven thermometer.

Good idea - lousy product. The cable connection became intermittent and then stopped reading all together. You can not buy a cable alone. I replaced it with an identical model - and the same thing happened.

Two $25 thermometers in 7 months. Then I brought a higher temperature Taylor thermometer (candy) for $20 to check the temperature of oil heating on a range. I used it, waited and waited, and it only read about 250 deg. I used an old Cooper kitchen thermometer I had to check it.

The Cooper read 450 deg plus and the olive oil was starting to smoke - which correlated with the 450 deg plus reading.

So 3 out of 3 Taylor products stunk. I won't buy them again - but their bad working "Candy" thermometer was a major safety issue. I returned it to the place I bought it - telling them this safety issue.

The oil temperature was very near flash point of the oil and root cause of a kitchen fire.They said they'll tell Taylor.

Comments

larryfetting_rhonda2

I have bought 2 candy thermometers.The black numbers and calibration lines wash off.

I have a business that I depend on the accuracy of the temperatures.

I can not keep replacing them!Enough already!

jonathanwillfill

I will like you to contact me direct on my email. I have a business proposal to give to your company that will profit you greatly. I await to hear from you soon via my email address.( jonathanwillfill@hotmail.com ), Please get back to me .

Best Regards